I just finished reading a neat little book called "Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership through Storytelling" on a colleagues recommendation and really loved it.
In short, it's a neat little fable about a Squirrel with a great idea on how to save her company, Squirrel, Inc. She thinks the company needs to stop burying nuts and start storing them!
It's a quckie read but I took some key lessons in storytelling with me.
- How do you persuade people to change?
- How do you get people working together?
- How do you share knowledge?
- How do you tame the grapevine?
- How do you communicate who you are?
- How do you transmit values?
- How do you lead people into the future?
Each chapter takes our hero through a different type of storytelling, each one optimized for the desired effects. It's a fun, quickie read that will leave you wanting to tell more stories!