First, here are the stats:
2005 9/14 63%
2006 12/15 80%
2007 7/13 54%
2008 5/9 56%
My goals are a combination of personal (fitness, finance, charity, vacation etc) and professional goals. clearly, 2006 was a great year, but I've been sliding hard since then.
2008 was an odd year from the beginning with me leaving the IRC for Microsoft, so I expected some fluctuation (notice the drop in total number of goal targets - down to 7 from 13 in 2007). As a way to get this out of my system, here's what I achieved, and what I didn't this past year:
- Maintain 180 lbs
- Coach sports (specifically spring/fall softball and winter basketball). I also helped out with all-star softball and recently started a coaching blog.
- 1/2 speaking gigs
- Establish myself in my new role at Microsoft
- Build blog readership (>200 visits per month) - actual from both npMarketing and Mindnumbing was 1208!)
- Break 95 in golf
- No credit card debt (it's creeping up a bit lately)
- Save 10-15 gross salary (I haven't calculated it yet, but I'm certain it's less than 10%)
- Board of small NGO (this is now removed however
In case you are curious, my process includes an important step of writing down a purpose for each goal and culling the master list each year down to about 10 priority goals for the year.